It costs money to produce this podcast. Someday, maybe I'll publish my expenses, but for now all my energy is going into producing the show. If you like the podcast and want it to continue, there are three basic ways to support it: (1) support it as a patron, (2) buy stuff you would buy anyway and use my affiliate links (I make a small commission), or (3) help us spread the word.
Become a Patron
Click to View My Patreon Page
Patreon is a crowdfunding site for artists and creators. If you support me through Patreon, they manage the transaction, take a small cut, and pay the rest to me. It's simple for me and it's safe for you. I'm just starting this, so feedback is appreciated.
Use My Affiliate Links
This is a new page. It will be growing. Please check back often.
This is stuff you would buy even if this podcast did not exist. You will not pay more by using my affiliate link. Why not click-through here and support the podcast in the process. There's no downside for you, and the upside is that you will have supported something you like.
AWeber is an email opt-in service and email marketing tool. I use AWeber to manage email marketing on this website. AWeber works hard on their end to keep your email out of the Spam folder. I have heard from independent third parties that their strategy is working. AWeber is not free (after the free trial), but it won't break the bank either (as I write, $19/month for up to 500 subscribers).
Here are some resources that may help you:
- AWeber Overview (PDF Download)
- Growing Your Business with Email Marketing (PDF download)
- What to Write in Your Emails (email course and templates)
- Cloaking is a technique to hide target URLs from the user. Cloaking is legitimately used to retain branding when redirecting but has also been used for questionable reasons to trick people.
- Pretty Bar Redirect is a form of cloaking that puts a bar at the top of a linked page with brought-to-you-by branding.
- Pixel tracking, where a one-pixel image is loaded with a page, is also provided to track page views and hits.
- Tweet automation tweets to connected Twitter accounts when designated pages are initially published.
- Keyword replacement will replace occurrences of keywords throughout a site with a predefined link (such as an affiliate link).
- An alternate base URL can be used to provide a short URL for a long URL, such as SaaSBP.com as a substitute for SaaSBusinessPodcast.com.
- Geographic redirects will redirect based on a user’s location.
RingR is an app for recording high-quality audio from geographically separated speakers and synching the audio files into one high-quality recording. Typical uses are for podcasts and broadcast, but the app has been used for remote medical consultations, legal depositions, and employment interviews. Participants may record on an iPhone, Android phone, or desktop computer. I interviewed Tim Sinclair, the founder and CEO of RingR, in episode 015. For a technical description of RingR, begin listening at 04:50.